Vintage coasters, updated free written instructions and graphic

Many of you have been asking me for Vintage crochet coaster written instructions pattern and here is it! I've had some free time these days ago, I could sit down to write instructions and also did a new and properly graphic, all free for you.

Muchas de vosotras me habéis pedido las instrucciones escritas de mis posavasos Vintage de ganchillo y aquí están. Estos días he contado con algo de tiempo y me he sentado a escribir las instrucciones, así como un nuevo gráfico más apropiado, todo gratuito para vosotras.
Vintage crochet coaster pattern by Anabelia

Publiqué los posavasos de ganchillo Vintage hace ya mucho tiempo y añadí un gráfico hecho a mano que ahora me parece bastante feo. ¡Uno de mis primeros gráficos! Hoy reconozco que no era gran cosa, pero quería compartir con vosotras el patrón de los posavasos de la mejor manera que sabía hacerlo entonces. 

Obviamente, me habéis estado pidiendo ayuda para interpretar el gráfico porque de hecho es bastante confuso. Bueno, he progresado algo escribiendo patrones desde entonces :-) y siempre he tenido en mente proporcionaros un mejor patrón de los posavasos Vintage que incluya tanto instrucciones escritas como un gráfico más claro.

I published the Vintage crochet coasters a long time ago and I added a handwritten chart there that I find quite ugly now. It was one of my first graphics! ...and although I thought that it was no big deal, I wished to share with you the pattern as well as I could do it then. 

Obviously, you've been asking me for support 'cause the chart  is quite unclear indeed. Well, I've progressed a bit writing crochet patterns since then :-) and I've always kept in mind to provide you a properly Vintage coaster pattern, including both written instructions in US English crochet term/Spanish as well as a clear graphic.

Vintage crochet coaster pattern by Anabelia

Finalmente, ¡aquí está! 

... and here is it!

US English terms Written instructions

MATERIAL:      Lace cotton thread Anchor Freccia nr. 12 (Coats)
HOOK:               1.25 mm   
MEASURE:       10  x 10 cm aprox. (4” x 4” aprox.)
Note: If you work with another crochet hook or a different thickness thread, measures could not coincide.

Abbreviations:
ch: chain
sl.st.: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
dc: double crochet
2dc-tog: 2 dc closed together
5dc-tog: 5 dc closed together
picot: 3 chains closed picot
st / sts: stitch / stitches
rnd: round
prev: previous
rep **: repeat from * to *

Begin with an adjustable ring.
Round 1: Ch 1 and make 16 sc in the ring, join to the first st with 1 sl.st.
Round 2: Ch 3 (counted as first dc in the first st of the rnd) and make 1 dc in the next st (this is the first 2dc-tog of the rnd); *ch 3 and make 1 2dc-tog in the next 2 sts*; rep ** until the end of the rnd; ch 3 and join to the first st with 1 sl.st.
Round 3: Make 1 sl.st to begin this rnd in the first 3 chs of prev rnd; make 4 dc in these 3 chs; *ch2, skip 1 st and make 5 dc in the next 3 chs of prev rnd*; rep ** until the end of the rnd; ch 2 and join to the first st of the rnd with 1 sl.st.
Round 4: Ch 3 (counted as first dc in the first st of the rnd); make 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts; *ch 5, skip the next 2 chs of prev rnd and make 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts*; rep ** until the end of the rnd; ch 5 and join to the first st with 1 sl.st.
Round 5: Ch3 (counted as first dc of the first 5dc-tog) and make 4dc-tog in the next 4 sts, for completing the first 5dc-tog; *ch7 and make 1 sc in the next arch of chs of prev rnd; ch7 and make 1 5dc-tog in the next 5 dc of prev rnd*; rep ** until the end of rnd; ch 7 and make 1 sc in the last arch of chs of prev rnd; ch 7 and join to the first st with 1 sl.st.
Round 6: Make 3 sl.st to begin the rnd in the middle of the first arch of chs of prev rnd; ch1 + 1 sc; *ch 9 and make 1 sc in the next arch of chs*; rep ** until the end fo rnd; ch 9 and join to the first st with 1 sl.st.
Round 7: Ch 3 (counted as first dc) and make 10 dc in the first arch of chs of prev rnd; make 1 sc in the next arch of chs; *make 11 dc in the next arch of chs; make 1 sc in the next arch of chs*; rep ** until the end of the rnd; join to the first dc of the rnd with 1 sl.st.
Round 8: Ch1 + 1 sc in the first st; make 1 sc in each st of prev rnd; join to the first st with 1 sl.st.
Round 9: Ch 1 + 1 sc in the first st; make 1 sc in each of the next 4 st; make 1 sc+1 picot in the next st; *make 1 sc in each next 11 sts; make 1 sc+1picot in the next st*; rep ** until the end of the rnd; make 1 sc in each next 6 sts; join to the first st with 1 sl.st. Fasten off.

(See the graphic below)


Instrucciones escritas en castellano

MATERIAL:      Hilo de algodón mercerizado Anchor Freccia nr. 12 
AGUJA:               1.25 mm   
MEDIDAS:       10  x 10 cm aprox. (4” x 4” aprox.)
Nota: Si trabajas con otra aguja o hilo de diferente grosor, las medidas pueden  no coincidir.

Abreviaturas:
cad: cadeneta
pe: punto enano o raso
pb: punto bajo
pa: punto alto
2pa-tog: 2 pa cerrados juntos
5pa-tog: 5 pa cerrados juntos
picot: picot cerrado de 3 cad
pto/ ptos: puntos / puntos
vta: vuelta
prev: previo / a
rep **: repetir de * a *

Empezar con un anillo ajustable.

Vuelta 1: Hacer 1 cad y hacer 16 pb en el anillo; unir al primer pto con 1 pe para cerrar la vta.
Vuelta 2: Hacer 3 cad (cuenta como el primer pa en el primer pto de esta vta) y hacer 1 pa en el siguiente pto (éste es el primer 2pa-tog de la vta); *hacer 3 cad y 1 2pa-tog en los siguientes 2 ptos*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; hacer 3 cad y unir al primer pto con 1 pe.
Vuelta 3: Hacer 1 pe para empezar esta vta en las 3 primeras cads de la vta prev; hacer 4 pa en estas 3 cads; * hacer 2 cad, saltar 1 pto y hacer 5 pa en las siguientes 3 cads de la vta prev*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; hacer 2 cad y unir al primer pto de la vta con 1 pe.
Vuelta 4: Hacer 3 cad (cuentan como el primer pa en el primer pto de la vta); hacer 1 pa en cada uno de los siguientes 4 ptos; *hacer 5 cad, saltar las siguientes 2 cads y hacer 1 pa en cada uno de los siguientes 5 ptos*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; hacer 5 cad y unir al primer pto de la vta con 1 pe.
Vuelta 5: Hacer 3 cad (cuentan como el primer pa del primer 5pa-tog) y hacer 4 pa en los siguientes 4 ptos para completar el primer 5pa-tog; * hacer 7 cad y hacer 1 pb en el siguiente arco de cad de la vta prev; hacer 7 cad y hacer 1 5pa-tog en los siguientes 5 pa de la vta prev*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; hacer 7 cad y hacer 1 pb en el último arco de cad de la vta prev; hacer 7 cad y unir al primer pto con 1 pe.
Vuelta 6: Hacer 3 pe para empezar esta vta en el centro del primer arco de cad de la vta prev; hacer 1cad+1pb; *hacer 9 cad y hacer 1 pb en el siguiente arco de cad de la vta prev*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; hacer 9 cad y unir al primer pto con 1 pe.
Vuelta 7: Chacer 3 cad (cuentan como el primer pa) y hacer 10 pa en el primer arco de cad de la vta prev; hacer 1 pb en el siguiente arco de cad; *hacer 11 pa en el siguiente arco de cad; hacer 1 pb en el siguiente arco de cad*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; unir al primer pto de la vta con 1 pe.
Vuelta 8: Hacer 1 cad + 1 pb en primer pto; hacer 1 pb en cada pto; unir el primer pto de la vta con 1 pe.
Vuelta 9: Hacer 1 cad + 1 pb en el primer pto; hacer 1 pb en cada uno de los siguientes 4 ptos; hacer 1 pb + 1 picot en el siguiente pto; *hacer 1 pb en cada uno de los siguientes 11 ptos; hacer 1 pb+ 1 picot en el siguiente pto*; rep ** hasta el final de la vta; hacer 1 pb en cada uno de los siguientes 6 ptos; unir al primer pto con 1 pe. Cortar y rematar.

(Ver el gráfico a continuación)




Vintage crochet coaster pattern by Anabelia

Espero que disfrutéis de él :-)

I hope you enjoy it! :-)

Source
¡Qué tengáis un día feliz y creativo!
Have a nice and creative day!
Anabelia Craft Design





WON'T MISS A THING! READ BLOG UPDATES HERE:

FIND ME WHERE YOU MOVE: 
 

Comments

  1. thankyou for sharing a wonderful pattern, can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your visit, Marina. I hope you enjoy it! Kind regards :-)

      Delete
  2. Bonitos nooo, lo siguiente, me chiflan. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Cande :-) Son muy fáciles... y, lo mejor, se hacen en poco tiempo. ¡Feliz día!

      Delete
  3. Que bonitos, no me canso de ver tu blog, es impresionante todas las cosas tan bellas que hay.
    Besos guapa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muchísimas gracias por sus gráficos!!
    Anna Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo ya los he hecho con el anterior patrón y no he tenido problema para entenderlo pero la verdad es que el de ahora es muy profesional como todo lo que tu haces. Gracias por compartir. Bikos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much! It's very beautiful!
    Tell me, please, what computer program you use to create graphic images?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Qué bien!. Muchas gracias por compartir el patrón. La verdad es que son preciosos!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loved this coaster pattern from the first day I saw it but didn't know how to read charts. Thank you for sharing this lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to see this marvelous pattern again. Thank you for both the written pattern and the graphic chart....very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madre mía Celia, si ya eras una profesional en el arte tejeril, ahora te estás convirtiendo en una diosa en el diseño gráfico. Vaya gráfico que nos has hecho, digno de estar en los mejores museos tejeriles. Soy muy cotilla pero ¿has utilizado algún programa específico?, que me imagino que sí. Está estupendo. Muchísimas gracias guapa. Me lo voy a guardar para este veranito a ver que sale de ahí en múltiples colores. Ya te contaré. Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting the free coaster pattern! It is fabulous:) I have included it on my blog Karla's Making It (linking to your pattern, of course)! You can view it here http://www.karlasmakingit.com/free-crochet-patterns/free-crochet-coaster-patterns/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Encantada de haber dado con tu blog, interesante, atractivo, me quedo por aquí. Si deseas me visitas, saludos, Abril

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me encanta, te lo compartiré!! Besos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola y muchas gracias por compartir el patrón, los posa vasos son muy chulos.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Complimenti sei davvero molto brava!!! questi sottobicchieri sono adorabili ... ciao e buon lavoro ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Si es que no pueden ser más bonitos estos posavasos. Un millón de gracias por las instrucciones.

    Besinos

    ReplyDelete
  17. Que bien!!!!gracias por compartir estas preciosidades!
    besos!
    PegatinasEnLaMaleta

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que belleza! Ana! siempre tan delicado tu trabajo y vos tan generosa! gracias infinitas! q Dios bendiga tus manos habilidosas! Besitos desde Bahia Blanca, Argentina.-
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ ★-:¦:-★Gaba★
    https://www.facebook.com/disenosexclusivos.gaba?ref=hl
    http://www.facebook.com/gaba.disenosexclusivos

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOLA AMIGA, ME ENCANTO TU BLOG, HACES MUCHAS COSAS HERMOSAS.. TE FELICITO, TE INVITO A QUE ME VISITES Y VEAS LAS COSITA QUE YO HAGO, SERAS BIENVENIDA SIEMPRE.. ANIMATE. BESOS, SALUDOS, BENDICIONES Y UN FUERTE ABRAZO DE OSO.. ZHOBEYDA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hermosos trabajos, me encantaron!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find the pattern. The links keep taking me in a circle and ending up back here. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brenda! Send me a message in my Contact Us form and I'll send you back the link to the pattern. Sorry for the inconvenience. Kind regards! :-)

      Delete
  22. Thank you for sharing at my link up last week. Today a new party.
    You are more than welcom to share, Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Monica! Thank you very much for hosting your lovely Link Up :-) Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  23. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pattern. I'm afraid I'm having a problem with it, though. My loops from rounds 5 & 6 are much too big when I do round 9, so it no longer lies flat. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I mean rounds 5&6 are too big when I do round 7, not 9...

      Delete
  24. Beautiful pattern y muchas gracias por sharing! Precioso!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern to these lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for providing this lovely pattern. I will be making it soon. Linda Starfire

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bellos! Me encantaron! Gracias por el patron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much!! I came across your blog while searching for coaster patterns. God bless your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Making these for my sisters in-laws for Christmas... Should I starch them? Last year I made them ornaments... I didn't know what to make them until she said coasters... I fell in love with this pattern the minute I saw it... I can't wait to start them... Thanks you for posting it...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful coaster pattern! I made the first one, even tho I'm not very experienced yet in crochet. It came out nice, but I know I messed up the 5 dc tog. I haven't learned how to do that stitch. I will try again, but if you can explain that stitch, step by step, it would be so much easier. I love the Valentine hearts coaster too, and want to attempt that one soon, but I feel I must master this stitch first. Thank you again for your generosity in sharing this beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for sharing. I have this pattern in a round or two larger slightly larger pattern I copied from a vintage potholder. However, it is made without the octagon edging and joined with a contrast solid single color dc back using large fans all around.
    I will now enjoy making this in coaster size with the octagon edging.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have tried this pattern. All instructions were followed. Yet, chains made my work too lose. It turned out different from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry this was the case for you. It really is a very easy pattern.

      Delete
  33. Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing the pattern and graph!
    Do you starch these after they are crocheted? If so, what do you use for starch (sugar water, a purchased starch?) and what dilution? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don´t. I normally work with a high thread tension. And then I block the crochet pieces with steam from an iron.

      Delete
  34. How do you get it flat and even like your pictures? when I make it it's all round and curled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally work with a high thread tension. And then I block the crochet pieces with steam from an iron. You may have to use a smaller size hook.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts